We Help Make Your Loan Application As Easy As ABC.

HomeSearch.pH is duly accredited to assist you with your Bank Financing requirements with our local banks and we will be happy to make the application for you so you will be able to buy homes listed in this website or for other purposes you may want for a loan.

For Filipinos living here as well as Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW)s, we assist you with bank financing free of charge as part of our real estate services.  Also for foreigners who may have a Filipino representative or co-borrower.  This will make it easier for you to acquire the ready for occupancy properties you select in our website.  Applicable also to other selected pre-selling properties.


If employed:

  • Income Tax Return or Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source for at least three (3) years
  • Photocopy of 2 Government Issued ID's with 3 specimen signature
  • Latest Proof of Billing
  • BIR Form 2316
  • Certificate of Employment and Salary ; payslip for the past three (3) months

If an OFW (add these to the requirements above):

  • Certificate of Employment (COE) duly authenticated by Philippine Consulate
  • Crew Contract & Exit Pass validated by POEA (for Seamen)
  • Payslips for the last 3 months
  • Notarized or authenticated Special Power of Attorney (as per bank's prescribed format)

If in business:

  • Income Tax Return and Audited Financial Statement for three (3) years
  • In-House Financial Statements for at least three (3) years (if necessary)
  • Certificate of Business Registration (SEC / DTI)
  • Articles of Incorporation / Partnership and By-Laws
  • Business Background / Company Profile
  • List of major suppliers and customers (pls. indicate telephone number and contact person)

Additional requirements

  • Marriage Contract (if applicable)
  • Bank Statements / Certification
  • Titles to properties owned but not offered as collateral (if any)
  • Lease contracts of income generating properties (if any)
  • OR/CR of vehicles owned (if any)
  • Stock Certificates (if any)

Information on collateral property:

  • Photocopy of the title
  • Certified lot plan and location / vicinity map
  • If loan is for construction / renovation: Bill of materials, Building plans and specifications
  • If loan is for refinancing: Statement of account from the creditor / mortgagor


What are the basic things I need to know about a Bank Housing Loan?
The following are the basic information you should know about Direct Housing Loan:

  1. Eligible borrowers are Filipino citizens. Foreign nationals are allowed for condominium purchases only. However, a purchase of house and lot or vacant lot will be considered if a foreign national is married to a Filipino citizen and an Affidavit of Support and Waiver of Rights over the collateral property are executed by the foreigner.
  2. Borrower's age should be at least 21 but not more than 65 years old upon maturity of the loan.
  3. Principal borrowers must have an income source as a regular employee or from a business with a minimum profitable operation of 2 years.
  4. The amount of loan you can borrow depends on your income (capacity to pay) and the appraised value of the collateral.
  5. The interest rate that will be applied to your loan will be the prevailing Savings Bank rate at the time of loan release.

How do we go about applying for a Direct Housing Loan?
This primer includes a list of requirements and an application form. Please find below simple instructions:

  1. Fill-out the application form below completely and accurately. Collate all necessary documents based on the list of requirements.
  2. Submit complete requirements with the application form by contacting us through our details in this website. Bank credit evaluation process only starts on the day complete requirements are received by the Account Officer (incomplete requirements will delay the application process).

Within 5 banking days after you have submitted complete requirements, you will be advised by the Account Officer (AO) on the status of your application. By then, you will find out if your application is approved.

What happens to my documents if my loan is not approved?

Your Account Officer will return all the documents that you have submitted in the event that your loan is not approved.

What fees do I have to pay?
An appraisal fee is required to be paid upon submission of complete requirements. This also covers the cost of credit investigation and title verification. It is non-refundable. Upon approval of loan the following fees will be charged:

  • Mortgage Registration fee (for the annotation of the loan, to be paid prior to loan release).
  • Mortgage Redemption Insurance (MRI) premium.
  • Fire / Lightning / Earthquake Insurance premium (for collateral with improvements only).

If I am applying for a construction loan, how will it be released to me?
For construction loan and major renovation, the release of the proceeds is on a staggered basis. The loan release will be in accordance with the required percentage of completion. A schedule of release will be made available to you. Construction must be finished within one (1) year, otherwise, the Bank has the option to call your loan due and demandable.

How do I go about having my existing housing loan refinanced by  Bank?

Upon loan application, you must provide us with a Statement of Account indicating your outstanding balance from the other bank, and latest six (6) months official receipts of payment of loan amortization. If your amortization is debited from your account, we require the six (6) months bank statements or photocopy of your passbook. Upon loan approval, we will issue a bank guaranty to inform the other bank of your approved loan.

My husband is an Expat Pinoy (OFW), can we apply for a housing loan?
Yes. For Expat Pinoys, we can offer a loan term of up to fifteen (15) years to pay. In addition to the basic requirements that are listed in this primer, you are requested to submit: (1.) Your spouse's certificate of employment / employment contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate Office (for direct hires only); and, (2.) Crew contract and exit pass from POEA (for seaman).

I am a Filipino working abroad, can I apply for a housing loan?
Yes, provided that you can submit your certificate of employment as well as employment contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate Office. Also, you need a co-maker and attorney-in-fact who is residing in the Philippines. Your attorney-in-fact can be your wife or a relative who also has the capacity to pay. He / she needs to submit a Special Power of Attorney duly executed by you and his / her Income Tax Return (Please refer to list of additional requirements).

I am formerly a Filipino citizen and now a citizen of another country, can I apply for a housing loan?
Yes, but only for purchase of condominium units. However, under the Balikbayan law, you may purchase land of not more than 1,000 sq. m. provided that you intend to stay here for at least two (2) years and you have a source of income in the Philippines. You will be asked to execute a sworn statement showing your intention to reside in the Philippines.

I am separated, can I apply for a housing loan?
If you are legally separated and can submit copies of the court decision regarding your separation, we can process your loan having you as the sole borrower without requiring your estranged spouse to sign. However, if you are not legally separated, your estranged husband / wife must sign on all documents.

Can I still apply for a loan if a different party owns the collateral?

Yes, you can still apply provided that the owner of the property is willing to be your co-borrower / co-mortgagor. He / she must fill out a separate application form and must meet the age requirement. Upon loan approval, he / she will be required to sign on all documents. However, this will be treated on a case-to-case basis.



HomeSearch Philippines
Realtors® P.R.C. Licence No. 1060
Landline: +632 829.2908 or +632 668.0642
Mobile: +63 915.897.7742 (Globe)

We have a wide array of "ready for occupancy" houses here in Browse around and find the home of your dreams. But if you want a custom home designed for your own needs, you're still in luck! We are partners with construction contractors and architects who can help you in the building process. Visit for more.